Thursday, September 10, 2009

Everything old is new again

Why did I resolutely hold out against buying wirecutters, asking my friend to come cut my guitar strings once and then borrowing another's? Second friend didn't even think to wonder why I didn't just buy them. As a matter of fact, she said she didn't know what they looked like and asked her husband to dig them out.

I happily laid my old college Physics 15b wirecutters down on the shelf next to my guitar today. Just simple little wirecutters with a notch to strip insulation, and little red rubber slips on the handles. I sneaked them out behind my dad's back. He wanted me to solder some things for him, and before he put the toolkit away, I whipped the wirecutters out and sat on them. Of course, mom spotted them when I was packing and said, "Heidi, why do you need to take these little scissors?"

No comments:

Post a Comment