Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Like a snake

...shedding its skin, my guitar calluses peeled right off, and continue to flake, and ow, it hurts again (or rather, hurts a lot again -- it never quite stopped, but I could successfully ignore it for longer periods). I'm going to have to find some happy medium of moisturizing the calluses to preserve them. I had left off the rubbing alcohol, but was trying not to get lotion on them. Maybe I can stop worrying about that. This is not a thought process to which I am accustomed; I barely think about how to get rid of calluses normally, let alone keeping them.

The good news is that the power chords are quite decent, and I'm learning more where the notes are on the fifth and sixth strings. I do notice that I'm playing with the neck awfully close to my nose, and sometimes the fifth string power chords get played a little as if I want to be holding a cello. Eh, whatever. As long as it comes out decently.

No comments:

Post a Comment