Friday, June 19, 2009

Going forward and backward

Cutting practice down to once a day, and a short practice yesterday at that, definitely gave the fingertips some rest, but I just flayed them nicely with spirited renditions of "Crazy," "Amazing," and two repetitions of "I'm in Love with My Car." Did I mention that I'm getting new upstairs neighbors? Wish them luck. The repertoire will expand eventually, but considering that they have to be songs that can be done with a lot of open chords and that I already own or can readily find on YouTube, I'm not complaining.

I found that I was using the pad of my ring finger, and had to cut the nail so I could get right on the tip. Just as I've stopped picking at my nails and they're growing nicely, what do you know? I start cutting them ruthlessly.

I'm also going to return to picking out single-note melodies. My picking could use the practice, and I haven't made the progress on knowing where the notes are on the neck that I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment