Thursday, June 25, 2009

More experimentation?

I am informed by a poster on Mandolin Cafe that the bridge on Peri (short for Perestroika -- how quickly a name sticks) is in the wrong place; it and the nut should be equidistant from the 12th fret. Normally, I might think that there are other variables, etc., but what makes me really suspicious is that the bridge, if it were in the right place, would be right across the onion dome of the church drawn on the top. So I thought, initially, that this meant that I was doomed.

However, further googling tells me that mandolins have movable bridges. There's talk of things like 'setup' and 'moving' and 'placement.' Perhaps there's hope after all. I shall take two sets of extra-light gauge mandolin strings to NJ in a spirit of hopefulness.

Peri is, apparently, a Portuguese-style shallow bowl-back.

No comments:

Post a Comment