Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This little piggy...

My friend showed me a better way to do power chords with the pinky holding down the bottom two notes. And by better, I have decided that I mean more painful. Just as I had gotten the hang of the other way -- I find that my pinky is absolutely incapable of holding down two strings. It is abnormally short and normally weak. It held me back all through piano, and I am determined that it won't do the same here, however many years it may take.

Added "Scarborough Fair" to the lineup. Very pleasing. I could hardly hear Simon and Garfunkel over the rattle of my A/C window unit, of course, but this probably has the added benefit of drowning me out to the new neighbors. They haven't complained, by the way. I think maybe they can't hear the guitar.

But really must get in more single-string picking practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment